A Look Into Block.One’s Commitment of $1 Billion Towards DApp Development
Disclaimer: ICO Alert does not endorse or recommend participating in any initial coin offerings, including EOS. ICO Alert does not receive any compensation for the Everything EOS Podcast from Block.One or EOS, however, Robert Finch and Zack Gall do both personally own EOS tokens.
Episode #2 Summary:
In today’s episode we cover the topics below:
- Block.One’s commitment of $1 billion in funding towards decentralized applications building on EOS.IO.
- Introduction to EOS Venture Capital Partners: TomorrowBC, Galaxy Digital, and FinLab AG.
- EOS Whitepaper v2
- April 6 EOS Meetup, Dawn 3.0, and upcoming announcements.
The EOS.IO software is designed from experience with proven concepts and best practices, and represents fundamental advancements in blockchain technology. The software is part of a holistic blueprint for a globally scalable blockchain society in which decentralized applications can be easily deployed and governed.
*Support thousands of Commercial Scale DApps
*Separates Authentication from Execution
*Freeze and Fix Broken Applications
*Generalized Role-based Permissions
*Web Toolkit for Interface Development
*Self Describing Interfaces
*Self Describing Database Schemes
*Declarative Permission Scheme
- Equal Opportunity
*To ensure inclusivity, EOS Tokens have no pre-determined price; rather price is set by market demand. This mimics mining without giving potential unfair advantages to large purchasers.
- Broad Distribution
*The EOS Token distribution takes place over 341 days which is expected to provide ample time for the community to familiarize themselves with the project, as well as participate in the distribution.
*An Ethereum smart contract proves receipt of incoming funds for EOS Tokens.
Useful Links and References:
- EOS.io: Official EOS Website
- EOS Go: Community-driven EOS updates, news, and forums.
- EOS Index: Directory of All Projects Building on EOS
- Understanding EOS and Delegated Proof of Stake
- DAN LARIMER: Visionary Programmer of BitShares, Steem and EOS
The Everything EOS Podcast showcases discussion about the EOS.IO blockchain. Each week the podcast spotlights a specific topic which may include reviews of new DApps, major announcements, VC Partners, and more leading up to the launch of the EOS mainet in June 2018 and beyond. The podcast is hosted by Zack Gall, a data research analyst at ICO Alert, and Robert Finch, the Founder of ICO Alert. New episodes are released weekly.